Monday, October 20, 2008

Today, I decided to cook a Japanese tofu with minced beef. Happily I took out all the tofu and minced beef from the fridge. Then as I was opening the plastic that covered the beef, I checked out for the expiry date: 16 Oct 2008. Today is 20 Oct2008. (Argh...! How I wish it says 16 OCT 2009)
The minced cost is about RM 7.. I have thought of make a complain with the Jusco for not being responsible by putting out minced beef which almost expire. Then I tried to recall when did I bought the beef. Oh gosh.... I bought it on the 13 of Oct(which is the manufactured date). So I can’t complain about it with the Jusco. It’s my fault.. *cry cry* . should’ve ate it earlier.. sayang la my $$$.. Sadly I look to the beef...
Then I decided to give it a try(cook it with the Japanese tofu as I have mentioned it).. who knows I won’t have stomach ache after eating it. So I cut ¼ of the minced beef. And the left over I put it into the fridge. Planning to cook it with spaghetti spaghetti the following days continuosly..
So I cook cook cook. Woah.. it looks so nice. Carrie’s Japanese tofu with expired minced beef! Well actually as I was cooking it, I can actually smell a weird odour from my food. But but but..... it’s RM 7 minced beef. I can’t just throw it away. I actually had thought of asking my mom “ mom..... the minced beef which I had bought expired. What should I do ah?”.. Of course any mother would say just throw it away. So no need to ask la...
So I brought my food into my room. And say grace hoping that I’m still alive after I ate my ‘risky food’. The tofu taste nice but........ the minced beef taste absolutely not nice. It has the sour flavour in it. Not wanting to waste all my hard work of preparing it. I forced myself to eat all of it. After that I took out the remaining minced beef from the fridge and throw it away....... *cry cry*

Lesson for today:
1.Always checked the expiry date of any food or drink before you buy it.
2.Never buy a minced beef and cook it after 4 days. It normally can only last for 4 days.

*Don't worry about trying my foods. surely i won't cook for you food that has already expired..* :P

have a great day!

0 comments: